I was really chuffed today to read that Summer Grant, the author of the wonderful blog, anyonething, had been awarded The Daisy Award. Then, much to my surprise I found that she had nominated my blog for this award too!!
As with all blog awards, there are rules:
* Thank the person who nominated you
* Tell your readers 7 unusual things about yourself
* Nominate some worthy bloggers – I’m not quite sure what the Daisy award is actually for, but it looks cheerful and to me a daisy is always a happy little plant that comes out in the sun, so I am nominating other blogs that make me feel happy and smiley and full of sunshine!!!
So … thank you Summer (by the way, isn’t that the most wonderful name!) I really appreciated the nomination
Hmmm … 7 unusual things … that’s going to be tough because I don’t think I’m at all unusual! Ok … here goes …
1) I am a medium – suppose that is quite unusual – lol
2) I can type quickly and accurately thanks to disciplined training I received at the Central Office of Information when I was 20 years old. I was a specialist government typist and had to type extremely fast and be totally accurate – and on an old manual typewriter!
3) I am an identical twin – I am the youngest by ten minutes.
4) My favourite toasted sandwiches are an old family recipe:
Toast two slices of bread, spread one with peanut butter, on the other slice spread marmite and then add cheddar cheese and sliced raw onion and grill slices both until the toppings are bubbling. Put together to make the most delicious sandwich in the world – my husband thinks that is very unusual!
5) I can’t whistle … which is rather sad
6) Until I was fourteen years old I had a bad squint in my left eye and no-one would know where I was looking – one eye looked one way, the other eye another . I finally had surgery to correct this but then had double vision for months afterwards and still have when I am tired. I have to put my hand over one eye so that I can just see one of everything!
7) I used to have a very high soprano singing voice and sang in school choirs etc when I was young. Now I sound more like Rod Stewart – don’t worry – no-one gets to hear me sing these days!
Here are the blogs that I nominate for this award:
http://thetovaryshconnection.wordpress.com A beautiful spiritual blog that I always look forward to reading. Grab yourself a cuppa, settle yourself down and enjoy!
http://cauldronsandcupcakes.com Wonderful spiritual blog, written with love, directly from the heart. You never know what the next post will be – it could be a spiritual story, an energy exercise or a recipe for a delicious cake!
http://notquiteold.wordpress.com/ Fabulous, funny, laugh out loud blog. Basically for the young at heart who are not yet prepared to give in to getting older!
I do hope you will have a look at these blogs and hope that you’ll enjoy them as much as I do